Sunday 25 April 2010

Another Last Minute Sunday!

What a week it has been!  Very full, a little stressful and not very productive, I'm afraid!  That's why, once again, I'm all last minute with my challenges.  Life has been in the way this week, mostly because we've had a frantic time at work and I've been bushed by the time I've arrived home!  Hopefully, next week should be calmer and I'm looking forward to getting a few more projects done.

So this week's Last Minute Sunday is for the Papertake Weekly Challenge, which is a lovely sketch this week and the Cupcake Craft Challenge -  'Red and White', a lovely challenge combination, I think.  Here's my entry:










Image: Bird's Cards, 'Poppies'

Papers: October Afternoon

Other: Ribbon, button and brads from my stash. 






I love poppies, always have, and this delightful free image from Bird's Cards is gorgeous.  I coloured it with my Copics and added a yellow outline, just to add some warmth and make the flowers pop a little.

I've been really lucky to acquire some more October Afternoon papers recently, as a 'well done' present (more of that in a couple of days), and I like the combination of the papers here, taken from the 'Cherry Hill' and 'Report Card' collections. I am now officially in love with October Afternoon's scrumptious, gorgeous and downright wonderful papers!

In fact, truth be told, I'm really happy with this card.  It'll make a wonderful 'just because' card.  That bright poppy red is enough to cheer up even the bluest friend!

I've been crafting hard this past 24 hours to try and get a little ahead of myself for the coming week, so I'll be back soon.  Have a good week ahead and ...

Happy Crafting
Photobucketxx

2 comments:

  1. For last minute it's awfully lovely. I love the color combination and the polka dots. Amazing card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Peri, thought I'd pay you a visit... can't wait for Wednesday... lol Your card is absolutely amazing and your colouring is fabulous. Look forward to keeping in touch. Tons of hugs, Sharon

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.