Monday 19 April 2010

Guess How Old He Is

Just as I begin this, I've remembered that I've already posted once today.  Ah well, old age and all that!  But I'll post anyway because knowing my luck, I'll forget and miss the deadline! 

It's not often a new set of man stuff arrives on the digi scene so it was 'hurrah' all round when the wonderful Mo Manning introduced 'Big Guy'.  Finally, man stuff that doesn't have anything to do with beer!
 
I try not to miss the DP2 Challenge every week (as you may have noticed), because it's the one time of the week I am guaranteed Mo time (although it's wonderful being the GDT for the Dream Team this month as I get an excuse to Mo out!).  This week's challenge was a sketch: 


Quite a lot of elements to this one and I wondered how I'd handle it but I have to admit that my paper choice made it quite easy.  Here's what I came up with:

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'Big Guy Golfing'

Papers: Cosmo Cricket, 'Lil Man' collection.

Other: Sentiments generated on PC; buttons from stash; Sakura glaze pen (for shoes)

As we know, golf = patterned sweaters and this wonderful paper from Cosmo Cricket features the brilliant 'Argyle' pattern so loved of golf sweater manufacturers, it seems.  With it's repeating motif and co-ordinating stripes, It was an easy choice for this card. 


Here's just the front of the easel so that you can see better how it works with the sketch layout.  I love the wide bands of pattern, which I wasn't sure I would when I first saw the sketch.  I had to add the buttons for a bit of (masculine) embellishment! 

I coloured this chap with my Copics and paper-pieced his ballooning plus-fours.  Unfortunately, you can't see his shoes properly in the photograph (what a surprise!) but they are brown leather with Sakura glaze over them to give a bit of shine.  The light from the window has bounced off them a bit, making them look a little strange, to say the least.

I sat for a while, stumped for a sentiment, as, to be honest, I didn't really have anyone in mind for this particular card.  I don't know about you, but if I'm stuck I usually start writing down all the things I associate either with the intended recipient or the image and, on this occasion, it was exactly the right thing to do because I suddenly came up with this one:

For this to work properly, I needed both 'inside' and 'outside' to be visible at the same time. Can you guess how old he is? You got it, he's 'fore''tee' - ha-ha!

So, that's Big Guy and I'm sure that I can find a happy home for him somehow.  In fact, all reasonable offers considered!

Off to cook (a late) dinner now and then an early night, methinks.  I'm not sleeping so well since my fall as I appear to have developed some sciatica, which is particularly present when lying down!  Bum (so to speak!)!

Happy crafting
Photobucketxx

9 comments:

  1. That's perfect to use for 40! =)

    Hugs, Elenor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card, Peri! Cute sentiment, too! Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fantastic Peri.. and perfect for this image. Love the papers you chose! Thanks for playing along with us at Mo's challenge this week. Hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Peri, your work and Mo's images are stunning week after week. Thank you. Your work is so inspiring!

    Bernice

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Peri,this is absoluty stunning,love evrything about it.
    Heidy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ah, to be 40...I digress! Your card is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great card--your colouring is fantastic and I love the papers you used--they were made for this image!!!
    :) Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Peri we are so glad you joined us at Mo's this week.. Your card is perfect as usual.Glad you got some Mo time.... Hope to see you again..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Peri, this is fabulous. Your coloring is awesome as always. Love your choice of DP. Good luck and thanks for joining in on the fun at Mo's Challenge blog.

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.