Tuesday 13 April 2010

How Krafty!

Whew! I've had a busy, busy week this week so I haven't had much time to play in my favourite challenges.  But, of course, I wouldn't dream of missing Mo's DP2 Challenge, so I found enough time this morning, before going to work, to put together this simple card for this week's challenge: 'Kraft, black and white (and any other colours you like!)

Image: Mo's Digital Pencil, 'A Thousand Stars' - freebie created for Mo's PCP Group to celebrate reaching 1,000 members!

Papers: A little bit of the new 'V&A' collection from 'Docrafts'.  I love, love, love these papers - they are linen-textured, richly coloured and very strokeable! 

Other: Gems and ribbon from stash.

This image represents so much for me (smushy, so I won't divulge tonight!).  It's lovely to colour, too, because, on a practical note, there's already such a strong source of light from the sky - it makes shading much easier!

I coloured with my Copics, of course, and added some background shading with my Prismacolors, for that soft night-time glow.

I wanted to stay simple, not just because of the time constraints but it just felt right not to overcrowd Bella and Bronte on this one.  Not bad for a quick make, although I have to admit I had the image already coloured and waiting to be used!  Cheat!


I've been working on a big Mo project this week - watch out for Thursday morning!  It's probably one of the biggest projects I've done since I've been blogging and I'm quite excited about it.

I've also been playing with Mo's new pirate images and will shortly be posting my first Merged Mo! What fun it's been.

Well, dear Crafty Bloglanders, I've lots to do tonight and I'm already sleepy, so I'll say 'goodnight' for now and see you soon.

Thank you for stopping by again - it really is wonderful to know that you're out there!

Happy crafting.
Photobucketxx

6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous! Love this wonderful image, fab papers and lush ribbon too.
    Kelly.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Peri! Love the tiny gems. Thanks for joining us in Mo's Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super job on this one Peri.. I love it when you use that linen paper. It gives it such terrific texture.. Great job. Can't wait to see what you are working on..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely work Peri! It's so nice to see you so dedicated to Mo's challenge every week. Thanks for all you do. Huge hugs, Peggy

    ReplyDelete

I really appreciate you taking the time to view my blog and would love you to leave a comment to let me know you stopped by. Many thanks.